Dr. Mazen Abou-Chaaban is a senior Consultant in the field of Pediatrics and Pediatrics Nephrology in the region. He has Fachartz in Pediatrics (Highest Specialty in Pediatrics) and Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology from University Children’s Hospital Colonge Germany.
He received his undergraduate college and medical degrees from the prestigious Ain Shams University Cairo/Egypt (1978) after which he was relocated to Germany – Cologne. Dr. Mazen Abou-Chaaban had the chance to work in the most prestigious Children University Hospital in Cologne where he successfully finished his German Board in Pediatrics. And was honored with Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology from the same hospital in 1991. After completing 5 years of hardwork in the field of Pediatric Nephrology and kidney transplantation.
During the period of his postgraduate in University Children’s Cologne Hospital, he was in-charge of Pediatric and Pediatric Nephrology Department serving children with different pediatric problems and diseases. In addition, children who were suffering from simple kidney problems up to dialysis (Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis), including kidney transplantation.
Dr. Mazen Abou-Chaaban, worked and lectured at the University Children’s Hospital Colonge Germany for a decade before relocating to UAE. He was recruited by the Government Hospital in Dubai to establish the First Pediatric Nephrology Unit in 1991 in addition to his Pediatric Expertise gained from Germany.
He was also a Senior Lecturer at Dubai Medical College, and have extended his expertise in Pediatrics and kidney disease as a Consultant in both fields through the Emirates Specialty Hospital, Dr. Mazen’ s Polyclinic, American Hospital in Dubai, Mediclinic City Hospital, Al Mousa Medical Centre, Wellness Medical Center and MedGate Center etc.
He was also appointed as Chief Medical Director at Emirates Specialty Hospital managing over 300 staff ranging between doctors and medical staff.
He is very knowledgeable on issues related to the daily administrative and operational functions with strong leadership, decision making skills and implementer.
In 2018, he was nominated and awarded for the Top 50 Smart Healthcare Leaders in UAE apart from the other awards he has received.
Assessment of Nutrition, Growth and Neurological Development of Neonates
• Co-President of the Emirates Medical Association, Nephrology Society (EMAN)
• President of Pan Arab Pediatric Nephrology Association (PAPNA)
• German Society of Pediatrics
• German Society of Pediatric Nephrology
• International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA)
• Arab Society of Nephrology & Kidney Transplantation
• International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
• International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis (ISPD)
• Pan Arab Pediatric Nephrology Association (PAPNA)
• Emirates Medical Association, Pediatric Society
• Emirates Medical Association, Nephrology Association
• Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery - Ain Shams University Cairo, Egypt
• Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology - Children’s University Hospital Cologne, Germany
• Fachartz in Pediatrics (Highest Speciality in Pediatrics) - Children’s University Hospital Cologne, Germany
• License to Practice Medicine from Germany & Egypt