More About The Doctor:
Dr. Hussain Abdulrahman Al Rand has more than 35 years of experience as an ENT surgeon. He started his career at Dubai Health Authority and served Dubai Hospital as a Consultant ENT physician and Medical Director until February 2014.
Dr. Hussain Abdulrahman Al Rand completed his undergraduate education at graduated from Cairo Medical University in 1980 and obtained his Master in Otorhinolaryngology in 1985. He completed German Board Fachartz from the Medical Association of Northrhine Dussueldorf, Germany in June 1993 and Fellowship from Edinburg in December 2009. Dr. AlRand has varied research interests with many publications with the recent one published in Asthma and Allergy Journal.in January 2022.
He is currently a Consultant Surgeon at HMS Mirdif Hospital and has an administrative position at the Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE. Dr. Hussain can treat and operate on all diseases related to ENT, both for the adult and pediatric age groups.
Area of Expertise in ENT:
- Sinus surgery using the endoscope and surgical navigator
- Microscopic ear surgery
- Management snoring and sleep apnea surgery using thermal ablation
- Removal of Adenoids and Tonsils for Both Children and Adults Using Thermal Ablation
- Myringotomy and myringoplasty
- Microscopic surgery of the larynx and vocal cord
- Radiofrequency ablation of inferior turbinate
- President - The International Federation of ORL Societies (IFOS)
- President – ARABFOS
- President - GCC ORL Head and Neck Society
- President - Emirates ORL Head and Neck Society
- Chairman of Emirates Rhinology and Otology Conference (EROC) conducting yearly conferences since 2011.
- German Board (Facharzt), Aachen University, The Media Association of Northrhine Dussueldorf FRCS (Edinburg)
- M.Sc. Otorhinolaryngology - Cairo
- Cairo Medical University in 1980
- Masters in Otorhinolaryngology in 1985
- German Board Fachartz from the Medical Association of Northrhine Dussueldorf, Germany in June 1993
- Fellowship from Edinburg in December 2009